Tuesday, December 7, 2010

keeping it up

Settled down pretty nicely in my new condo, and things have been as I was hoping for and expecting, the internet has been giving me a lot lot lot less issues, and I haven't been disced during my 8 hour grind sessions, and it's just a nice feeling to not be super worried about the internet. I wanted to try and hit the perfect month this month, since I almost hitted it last month, with that 1 day loss, but last night I already had to red mark a day, so I can forget about it already :p Been running pretty bad I suppose this week, had a few terrible suckouts, and more then previous month I'm sure. Had a rollercoaster run today on NL2K , had this hand that totally made me a bit sigh, had AKs on the BB, shortstack raises on the button, so I opted to just flat, flop goes K64 rainbow, and I check raise him, he instashoves, so I call, and he showes 24o, Turn comes an A and river is a 4... sigh, but meanwhile on the NL400 table I had 22 on a K42 flushdraw board, and turn and river was 8 , but the villain had 44, so I stacked off there as well, so it was just all happening at the same time, which made today a hell of a rollercoaster ride, since I was running into a lot of 3-outers. The day still ended on a high note though where there was this hand which was very crucial. It was on the NL2K table, so fish raises 80$ UTG, I have QQ on the cutoff and raised it to 200$, guy in the SB repops it to 600$. I had 2 things going on in my mind, he probably wants to get it all in with the shortstack fish while squeezing me out of the pot, since we are both pretty deep. So was thinking he had an AQ, AK type of hand.. that or he could really have KK or AA and I die :p anyways, original raiser folded, and I made a flatcall. Flop goes something like TT8 with a flushdraw. He instajams it, which was like 2000$ or so.. I had to tank pretty hard, but I went with my read and called it and he showed AKs. My hand held up and I won the big pot, YAY :)))
I was up pretty good last week, and the trend seems to be keeping up, except for yesterday then :p So I'm hoping it's gonna be another near perfect month for me and I can celebrate the upcoming new year on a high! Lots of regular grinders are also back in Bangkok for the festivities so I look forward to some good dosis of partying also :)

wishing you all the best
Ryu Dang

No comments: