Monday, October 4, 2010

bad seat

Had a very long flight from Brussels back to Bangkok, and like at the tables, sometimes you get a bad seat. It was just horrible, I was so unlucky to be seated next to an overweight person. I mean, can you imagine sitting there in an 13 hour flight with someone next to you that hogs up all the space. But how big was he? Well let me clarify in details.. when the food came, you have to put down the foodtray in front of you, but he couldn't put it down the whole way, only half way and then it was stuck on his belly :/ so he actually had to move down his chair (which is forbidden because the person behind you doesn't have enough space then with the tray going down as well). Secondly his sidefat was blocking my armchair, so which would mean I had to ask him to stand up when I needed to reach my remote for my entertainment system.. and it took like 10min (exagerating obv.) before he could stand up, coughing and puffing.. sigh, so I was standing and walking around quite a bit on this flight, couldn't sleep, couldn't do anything at all :( I wrote a complaint mail to the flight company, because I really do think that overweight people should be asked to book double seats or to be upgraded to higher class to have sufficient space. I know it's a bit unfair, but well, life can be unfair sometimes, and you do get bad beats.. and bad seats sometimes, you just have to adjust and deal with it.

Ryu Dang in Thailand

No comments: