Saturday, July 31, 2010

Uncle Ryu :)

So this last Thursday (29th of July), during my live game session.. suddenly I got this phonecall from my brother in law. He told me he was in the hospital now with my sister and that she just delivered her baby.. and it's a beautiful son! :) So it makes me a proud uncle for the first time. Another stepping stone in life. The funny thing is that at exactly at the time he called me. I peeked down to see my 2 holecards and I saw AA .. wow, what are the odds of that happening?! I foresee a good future for this kid haha :) I raised and did a normal C-bet and it got folded around hehe.. good thing it didn't get cracked ;)

anyways, have to tell u guys about this amazing hand that happened last week.. so first of all it's a 1/2 game, but the stacks are pretty deep, around 1k$ each and we have a few of these crazy (or high level) gamblers at the table. So one guy bought in for 700$ and he went down a lot but made it all back to like 900$ ish and had 43$ in 'spare' chips, so he decided to straddle his last hand with his 'spare change' before going clubbing. One guy called, another guy called.. and it went back to him. He still hasn't seen his hand, but decides to just bet out on the flop 150$ blind.. flop was Q93 rainbow. One guy calls (he had like 260$ behind after calling) and one guy who was very deep (had like a 1.5K$ stack) flats there. Turn comes a T. Still without seeing his holecards he splashes in 300$.... first guy goes all in and the deep stack guy was in pain.. he showed to the other players that he had 78, giving him an open ended draw, and well..  according to him  a lot of implied odds to make this call lol. anyways, he called and the river was another 3. Finally the guy who straddled blind, and betted out blinds peeks down his cards and shoves in his whole stack. Deep stack guy folded obviously, shortstacker had Q8 giving him top pair.. and blind guy.. yep he has QQ lol, the whole table was in shock.. straddling, and betting out blind all the way with the best hand, you can only do that with some serious high level skill imo :D

I'm enjoying my last few days now in Singapore. To be honest, I would have loved to stay here and continue my work here, but sometimes you just have to make that choice and decision. I hope I'm making the correct one here by moving back to Thailand. First I'll arrange everything in Thailand for my visa and condo.. and then I'll fly back to Belgium for a short period to visit my nephew and friends, then it's going to be a long period in Thailand.. just hope that everything will work out, and that I don't regret making this decision.. I sincerely had an amazing time in Singapore and made a bunch of good friends and meet a lot of nice people. I wish them all good luck and I hope my student will finish the work he started. I will still be following his progress from afar, it will be different ofcourse, but I'm sure things will work out.. because some things you just need to do yourself to master that last step towards your finish line.

probably my last blog update from Singapore for now ^_^

Ryu Dang

No comments: