Friday, June 17, 2011

The Good and The Bad

I guess I should start with the bad :p things haven't been working out very well at the tables, I ran like a dog on the high limit tables which got me in a horrible downswing, and I'm stuck a ton of monies for the last month :(

What about the good things then? during the bad run I did work a lot on my game and my biggest weaknesses, which is mainly heads up, so I got coaching for that and it has been paying off a lot for sure. I feel lot more comfortable now playing in HU situations.
I guess I can't really say I have been playing very bad, just very unlucky and a ton of cooler spots. Oh and meanwhile I picked up staking a friend (and coaching him also), and the rest of my students are doing very well, all of them are up on the microstakes, well maybe not all of them. Only my brother in law who is gambling on the midstakes with no bankroll is stuck a little bit :p But that's his own choice, he still is up on overall though :p The rest have been going stable and making profits for like 6 or 7 weeks in a row now. Small amounts but well its microstakes :p I guess that makes me proud as well that the work they have put in is paying off.

I got a trip planned back to Macau end of this month, get out of the online grind for a bit and hope to do better this time in the live grind. I feel very confident about my game right now, so let's hope for the best. Oh I switched playing on a different site now also, mostly because there were almost no midstakes games running anymore on my previous site.. back to holdem manager and HUDs :D well at least I can post some graphs in the future so you can see how clearly below EV im running haha ;)

good luck to you all
Ryu Dang

No comments: